WELCOME

Welcome to my blog, http://sunny1012.blogspot.com/ This blog is dedicated to my dog (below)

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Aquarium




On Friday, our unit went on a field trip to The Camden Aquarium. It was an awesome trip, even though we didn't get to everything. There were touch pools, hippos, seals, penguins and a lot more! The first thing our group did was touch the sharks, that is nurse sharks of course. When a shark started coming my way, I stuck two fingers into the exhibit and felt the flank of the shark. I was surprised, a lot of people said it feels like your ear or it feels like your nose, but actually, it was squishy like your stomach and a little bit course like sand paper. The next shark that came around, i touched its back. That time, it felt more like your ear except a little bit more squishy. We left that exhibit and went outside to go see the seals and penguins. All the penguins were guarding their own little patch of territory. The one penguin that claimed the shower, seemed to have a smile on its face. Next, we went to go see the seals. There was one on top of a rock in the middle of the pond, tanning. As I looked more closely, I realized it had finger nails and toe nails just like humans. Its back was wrinkly and filled with blubber and so was its neck. Every now and then, it would lift up its flipper and rubbed its eye. After that, we saw sharks in the shark tunnel with other fish. I wonder if the fish are scared of the shark. Then we saw hippos. Did you know that birds poop every fifteen minutes? The hippos were sleeping and the fish inside of the tank, were cleaning the hippo. The rest of the day, we saw all kinds of interesting animals such as the shark ray. From underneath, it looked like a stingray from up top, it looked like a shark. I think that the shark ray is the boundaries between the shark and the sting ray, they are both very closely related. The cnidarians we saw were bio luminescent, they would light up. The puffer fish I saw, had a little smile on. It wiggled back and fourth like it was dancing. The field trip was a blast. I learned so much about sea creatures and saw cool animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment