WELCOME

Welcome to my blog, http://sunny1012.blogspot.com/ This blog is dedicated to my dog (below)

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Deadly Jellyfish


A jellyfish found in warm costal waters around the world, has been known as the worlds' deadliest jellyfish; the box jellyfish. This oddly shaped little jellyfish is also known as the sea wasp because of it's deadly and fire burning stings. If you at the picture I provided, you can see how this jellyfish earned it's name. Most of the jellyfish live in South-EastAsia but others in Hawii's waters. I never knew that their was different species under this one species! I was shocked to learn that. But these harmful jellyfish can help since scientists did DNA tests and they show that they can help create anti-venom. The one type of these box jellyfish that you have to look out for, is the Australian box jelly fish. It is the most venomous and can kill you within a matter of minutes. I think the best things about these sea wasps are that they don't migrate like other jellyfish. They like to stay stationary.

No comments:

Post a Comment