WELCOME

Welcome to my blog, http://sunny1012.blogspot.com/ This blog is dedicated to my dog (below)

Friday, September 18, 2009

animals think about thinking

Every mind has a different way of thought. But somebody thought that animal think about thinking.I think that this article was really cool. Humans are able to think about thinking; and some animals such as dolphins and birds can also think about thinking. I learned that some animals are more thoughtful than others. I wondered, are we the most thoughtful animals on the planet? what I thought was really cool was that other animals have mind orginisation. Some people that work with anmals, think they show signs of metacognition, or thinking about thinking. Dr. Hampton found out that other primates metacognition is parallel to our metacognition. they ran several tests to see if their theory was true. One of they test required a dolphin to make a decision between to choices. the dolphin hesitated and probally thought which choice was better. proving that other animals do think about thinking. But when pigeons are in doubt, they just plow ahead. Similar tests show that other monkeys react how the dolphin acted.
metacognition requires alot of self awareness, and scientists are not so sure that other animals posses this abiliaty.

Source:
http://www.livescience.com/animals/090915-thoughtful-animals.html

4 comments:

  1. I thought that the fact that animals think about thinking was pretty interesting! Also, I think it's funny that a lot of humans have to practice, or learn how to use metacognition while some animals naturally know how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really cool and helpful. Now i will know that my fish is thinking about thinking. Really nice blog though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I can not believe that some animals, like dolphins, actually think about thinking. It sounds crazy that some animals use metacognition and it is also funny, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very interesting. I never thought that animals could also be thinking about thinking. Its surprising that animals are actually smart enough that they could actually use metacognition.

    ReplyDelete